<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 01, 2012

Presidential Popularity 

I keep hearing on TV and reading in newspapers, magazines and online things like, "The president remains personally popular even though voters view his policies unfavorably."

I don't get it. Why is the guy so personally popular? Because his wife loves him? Because he treats his kids well? Because he has a nice smile? I could name all kinds of villains from history who meet all those criteria.

Frankly, I don't like him. Never have. I think he's an empty suit who promises everything and delivers nothing; who has no courage (any President except maybe a George McGovern or Eugene McCarthy on tranquilizers would have dropped the hammer on bin Laden), and no honor.

In short, he's a freakin' used car salesman!

I think what he had in mind when he said he'd "fundamentally transform" the United States was a vision shared by, oh, George Soros, with perhaps a bit of Hugo Chavez thrown in for taste. The voters, I think, had something far different in mind, and they got snookered by someone who in his book Audacity of Hope described himself thusly: "I serve as a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripes project their own views."

By the way, I'm sure the vast majority of used car salesmen's wives love them, and that they treat their kids well, and as for the smile ... when's the last time you saw a sneering used car salesman?



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?