<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Fairness! 

Pres. Obama spoke in Texas Kansas yesterday (he seemed a bit confused about where he was) and went on and on about fairness. I think he might have used the word "fair" more than the first person singular pronoun, possibly the first time ever that he uttered any word more than "I", "my" and "me" in a speech.

To channel an old boss, fairness is like motherhood. Who could possibly be against it? I'm certainly all for fairness in society; my problem (as I have said before) has to do with the answers to two questions:
I have a sneaking suspicion that I, along with many others, would disagree with Obama's answers to both questions.

The editorial board at Investors Business Daily has a similar take: "The problem is that fairness, just like hope and change, can mean anything anyone wants it to." (H/T Professor Reynolds)

I'm getting a bad feeling that Obama is messing with those immutable laws.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?