<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Arizona Injunction 

OK, I admit that I haven't read Judge Bolton's opinion, but I have read the thoughts of people who a lot more knowledgeable about federal preemption law than I am. I agree with them that it appears that Judge Bolton bent over backward, ignoring the established rules for interpreting statutes, to find a reason to enjoin enforcement of the parts of Arizona's statute that would have the most effect on persons who are in the United States illegally.

I'm thankful that Gov. Brewer will be continuing the fight. The issue needs to be settled as soon as possible.

I'm hopeful that the 9th Circuit and eventually the Supreme Court will find in favor of States' rights to defend themselves when the Feds default on their legal obligation to do so.

I'm concerned that more decisions like Judge Bolton's will give rise to vigilantism that involves a lot more than just watching the border and reporting what appears to be illegal activity to the Border Patrol.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?