<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quo Vadis, Obama? Revisited Again 

Last January I wrote:
I now believe that it is more likely than not that President Obama's economic policies are the manifestation of a conscious plan to cause economic chaos in the United States to the end that the people will accede to, if not clamor for, a huge increase in the size and power of the federal government in order to restore order and relative prosperity.

Six months further along in the Obama administration, I have taken note of Mr. Obama's handling (or perhaps more accurately, mishandling) of the BP oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as recent news that Gen. McChrystal is concerned that Afghans are not willing to side with the Karzai government or NATO against the Taliban (scroll to the bottom), yet more insults and indignities directed against long-time allies of the United States, the apparent resignation to the fact that Iran will soon have nuclear weapons and only a little later the capacity to deliver them against Israel, the utter ineffectiveness of the various stimulus programs to improve the employment figures, the unprecedented runup of the national debt, along with requests for even more and the Administration's continuing tendency to use every crisis (some of which, like the BP situation, are allowed to grow to major proportions if not actively created) to push its political agenda notwithstanding unanimity in the opinion polls that a clear majority of Americans want none of it, to name a few things. After considering all this, I am once more driven to reconsider where I think Mr. Obama is going.

At this point I am convinced that Mr. Obama's goal is to ruin the economy of the United States, strip the Nation of an effective military and create a state of economic and social chaos resembling that of the Weimar Republic circa 1930. Mr. Obama has been labeled "brilliant" by friend and foe alike. Why would such a brilliant person do the things that he has been doing unless by design? To what end only he knows, but I don't think the United States will be the better for it.

I pretty much agree with Dorothy Rabinowitz' conclusions in her recent opinion piece, "The Alien In The White House." To put it bluntly, I care not a whit whether Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii, Kenya or on the moon, as a matter of fact he has been elected President and nobody saw fit to challenge his Constitutional qualifications before his election. At this point the issue is moot. Nonetheless, as Ms. Rabinowitz points out and as I have believed for some time, Obama is not an American in the cultural sense. He has no bond with this country and doesn't really care what happens to it so long as he flourishes. As a result I have come to agree with those who say that, for the first time in the Nation's history, our children and grandchildren will not live as well, or as safely, as we. I would go so far as to suggest that Mr. Obama might well be the first (and I hope last) anti-American president.

The upcoming midterm elections will be seminally important because they represent the first opportunity to delay if not derail the harmful programs Obama and his allies in Congress have foisted upon the American people. Unfortunately we will have to wait until 2012 to oust Mr. Obama from the White House, and I hope with all my heart we will not have reached the precipice by then.

I love my country and I fear for its future. I am in my mid-60s. I am a "military brat" and was living in Germany during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Our gallows humor at the time went something along the lines of, "We'll be fine, and it'll be a great sky show to watch the ICBMs cross paths over our heads." I have witnessed the civil rights battles of the 1960s, the Vietnam era, Watergate, the Carter years (ah, the good ol' days) and everything since then. I'll tell you true:

this is the first time in my life that I have ever felt like the wheels are in danger of falling off.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?