<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Trouble in Mexico 

I saw this story in the dead tree edition of the San Diego Union-Tribune. Two people tossed grenades into a crowd of people celebrating Mexico's Independence Day (no, it's not Cinco de Mayo, which celebrates a military victory), killing seven and injuring more than 100.

It is troubling that our next-door neighbor is experiencing this kind of violence, particularly so because our southern border is so porous. I fear it's only a matter of time before some major tourist destination is subjected to attack, and Americans killed en masse.

If I recall correctly, Glenn Reynolds noted some time ago that Mexico is getting to look more and more like Iraq. He was right, and it's getting worse. (Unfortunately, I couldn't find a link, but that's probably due to my poor search skills.)

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?