<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Surrender Is Not An Option 

I've been plowing through John Bolton's memoir of that title, and have about 115 pages to go. So far, the book has reinforced my long-held impression that the UN is the world's most expensive debating society, and that there are a significant number of people in the State Department who seem to forget who their employer is.

I realize that Mr. Bolton writes to show himself in the best possible light, as all memoirists (is that a word? do, but there are ample alternate sources that corroborate the impressions set out above.

The book is dense with information, and should be read thoughtfully, but it's worth the time, based on my (slow) progress to date.

The latest quote in the left column just jumped out at me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?