<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 03, 2007

How History Shapes Attitude 

When I first heard about this incident this morning, and before I learned any details other than a lot of people had been hurt, and maybe killed, the first thought that crossed my mind was, "I wonder if it was an elderly person who shouldn't have been driving." A few seconds later, I was thinking, "I wonder if it's some crazy Muslim like that guy i North Carolina last year."

Both of those reactions follow directly from reports of similar events in the past, carried prominently in the media. As it turned out, the perpetrator was a 30-year-old woman who apparently was high on something, or had a severe psychological episode, or both.

My prayers are going out for the injured and their families.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?