<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Weather 

So here I sit, north of San Diego and south of Camp Pendleton, about a mile from the beach as the crow flies, and the overnight low last night was 37 F., 34 F. the night before. This is unusual, but not a record; the all-time January low temperature here is 20 F. But looking at the national map, I see that about 85% of the country is blue, white or pink as of 0945 PST (Dark blue=40s, light blue=30s, white=20s, light pink=teens, dark pink=single digits and below). I'm in my 60s and I don't ever recall seeing that much of the country that cold.

The news channels were full of cold weather-related stories all weekend, with tens of thousands without electricity in Missouri and 21 deaths attributed to the ice and snow storm that preceded this "cold snap." The California citrus crop is all but totalled, and cattle are starving and dying of thirst in the snow. This weather will have a significant effect on the US economy, lasting through the summer.

I blame Global Warming, and it's all Bush's fault.

(All weather information from Weather.com)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?