<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

On Barack Obama 

Show me a man who's universally loved--at whom nobody is pissed off, and I'll show you a man who hasn't done anything important.

From what I have seen so far, Barack Obama is a bright young Senator who has a gift for oratory. Other than that, by all reports he has pretty much voted the Democratic line. I can't think of any major legislation that he's introduced, nor any controversial stands that he's taken. There's nothing in his record of which I'm aware to show what he's really made of.

Don't get me wrong--Obama may indeed be Presidential material, but right now, from where I sit there's no way to tell. Seems to me that running for President ought not to be the first important thing anyone does.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?