<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Veterans Day 2006 

I first posted this on Veterans Day 2005. I have decided to make this an annual tradition on this blog (with amendments).

To My Dad: A Veterans' Day Tribute


My dad retired from the US Army in 1972 after 30 years of service to his country. Not too many can honestly wear that baseball cap he has on, and membership in that elite club gets smaller with the passing of each year. I honor him today for his service.

Pop retired as a Command Sergeant Major. He was in the Medical Corps, and achieving CSM rank was probably a higher hurdle for him than for those serving in the combat arms. He achieved much and overcame many obstacles. In his own way, he is as courageous as any combat soldier.

Since retirement he has lived in Japan. This picture was taken (I believe) at Camp Zama in 2003. He will be 87 on his birthday in a week.

Thanks, Pop, and thanks to all your comrades in arms (including my two sons), living and dead, who have given and are giving so much so that we may enjoy our freedoms. God bless you all!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?