<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Question for the Dems 

I stayed up late last night (a rare occurrence) and watched Bill O'Reilly's appearance on David Letterman. It was an interesting debate, but one thing stood out for me. At one point O'Reilly asked Letterman, "Do you want us to win in Iraq?" Letterman wouldn't give a straight answer! It's a simple question, and should be answered with a simple "yes" or "no." but Letterman passed. More than once. That told me a lot about Letterman--not about his politics, but about his courage, or rather, lack of it.

I think someone should ask all the Democratic candidates for the House and Senate that question, and permanently record the answer. I would be willing to bet that more than half would "take a Letterman" and not give a straight answer.

For all the carping and complaining about Bush and Iraq, I haven't heard a coherent statement from any Democratic candidate on what they would do in Iraq. As a threshhold position, it seems to me that every candidate should state clearly whether he or she wants the US to win in Iraq, then go on to state what they would do there.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?