<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

TheMichaelJacksonCase 

I don't expect there'll be many events in this trial that will energize me to the point of actually blogging on it, but I can't help but be amused at the media being all atwitter about the dearth of African-Americans on the jury.

I don't see the big deal. In the first place, Mr. Jackson is definitely sui generis, so it would be very difficult to find any group of citizens of Santa Barbara County who could truly be said to be his "peers," no matter what color or ethnicity they might be. Besides that, he has been trying to look like anything but African-American for years, to the point where the once handsome young man now looks like he belongs in a side show. I'm not at all sure there's a lot of affinity within the African-American community for someone like him.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?